for long life of a furnace, it is necessary that you take necessary steps from time to time. its maintenance is easy and cheap. you need to take certain steps on a regular basis. following are some of the guidelines
- 1.before performing any maintenance, make sure to switch off the electrical power and the fuel supply.
- 2.the combustion chamber generates the fire therefore their is a buildup of carbon soot which can corrode the chamber wall hence the chambers should be cleaned on the regular basis.
- 3.leakage or possibility of leakage in the pipe should also be repaired from time to time as it may cause the seeping of the carbon monoxide.
- 4.the oil filter must be cleaned from time to time. any defect in the oil filter may lead to the clogging of the oil-burner nozzle, which could result in a misfire that shuts down the system. it is therefore necessary that defective filter should be replaced.
- 5. in case of electric furnace the heating element should be checked and defective piece should be replaced.